GotIT Poland Sp. z o.o. („GotIT”) is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. Looking after the personal information you share with us is very important, and we want you to be confident that your personal data is kept safely and securely.
We have published this notice to help you understand:
- how and why GotIT collects information from you;
- who we share your information with, why and on what basis
- how long and where it will be stored
- what your rights are.
If we make changes to this notice we will notify you by updating it on our website. GotIT will be what is known as the ‚Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us, and we will sometimes refer to ourselves in this notice as „we” or „us”. By Data Controller, this means GotIT determines the purposes and way in which any personal data are, or will be, processed.
Should you need to contact us please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why and what information we collect when you register and why?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Article 6(2) of the basic Regulation. 1(a) or (b) or (f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
When applying for a position in the recruitment process, we need to collect from you basic contact information. This is why we will ask you to provide us with details such as:
- full name
- contact number
- email address.
If you are our customer, we must collect and use information about you or people in your organisation (full name, contact number, email address) in the course of providing services to you, such as finding Candidates suitable for you or your organisation or the loyalty of your current employees.
From our suppliers and contractors, we need the contact details of the right people in the organisation (full name, contact number, email address) so that we can communicate effectively with you. We also need other information, such as your bank account details, so that we can pay you for the services provided (if this is part of the contractual arrangements between us).
Giving us your details is not necessary, but it is necessary, if so:
– you are a candidate and would like to take part in our recruitment process now or in the future
– you want to become or already are our customer or supplier – for the purpose of ongoing cooperation.
How do we use your information?
Data Protection says that we are allowed to use and share your personal data only where we have a proper reason to do so and only and only for as long as this is necessary for the implementation of the recruitment process. One of these reasons are:
- Consent – where you agree to us using your information in this way e.g. for the recruitment process or sharing your business card with us.
- Legitimate Interests – this means the interests of GotIT in managing our business to allow us to best adapt the job offer for you and your potential new employer in the most secure and appropriate way e.g. to transfer your data to certain Third Party’s (companies which are looking for new employees) or – if you are our business partner – in order to develop the existing business and jointly implement current and future projects.
- Legal Obligation – where there is statutory or other legal requirement to share the information e.g. when we have to share your information for law enforcement purposes.
Who we share your information with and why
GotIT cooperates with a number of clients from different branches, HR agencies, recruiter specialists and businesses in order to provide you the most suitable position, salary and benefits and – on the other hand – provide our customers with the exact candidate they need.
In order to process your application we will supply your personal information to our recruiters, who will then present them to the client, who is looking for specialists with your profile. Your personal data may be processed only for as long as it is necessary to conduct the recruitment process for a given position.
As far as our business partners and customers are concerned, our goal is to further develop our cooperation, to provide operational support for current and future projects and to seek new business opportunities.
Transfers to third countries
Some of the information you provide to us may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. This is a transfer to a „third country”.
Wherever transfers of data to third counties occurs GotIT will put in place an appropriate contractual provisions to ensure that there are strict rules regarding both the confidentiality and security of your information. To find out more please contact us at email@example.com
How long we keep your information
If we collect your personal information, the length of time we retain it is determined by a number of factors including the purpose for which we use that information and our obligations under other laws.
We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims. For this purpose, we will always retain your personal information for 6 years after the date it is no longer needed by us for any of the purposes listed under “How we use your information” above. The only exceptions to this are where:
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- you exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law;
- we bring or defend a legal claim or other proceedings during the period we retain your personal information, in which case we will retain your personal information until those proceedings have concluded and no further appeals are possible; or
- in limited cases, existing or future law or a court or regulator requires us to keep your personal information for a longer or shorter period.
What are your rights
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details above. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
You are entitled to request the following from GotIT, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners website www.ico.org.uk .
- Right of access –to request access to your personal information and information about how we process it
- Right to rectification –to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to restriction of processing – to restrict processing of your personal information
- Right to data portability – to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a standard form
- Right to object – to object to processing of your personal information
- Rights with regards to automated individual decision making, including profiling –rights relating to automated decision making, including profiling
If you have any general questions about your rights or want to exercise your rights please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the data protection regulator in the UK, are available on the ICO website www.ico.org.uk. We encourage you to contact us before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any issues or concerns you may have.
This notice is designed to help you understand what cookies are, how GotIT uses them and the choices you have in regards to their use.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or other device when you visit the Site. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user either for the duration of your visit (using a ‚session cookie’) or for repeat visits (a ‚persistent cookie’). They are not harmful and do not contain any information such as your home address, date of birth or credit card details.
The cookies we use fall into three broad types:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
In order to keep the Site, its services and content easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use our Site. For example, we can see which parts of the Site are most popular, identify when errors occur, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (f.e. language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised which means we can’t identify you personally. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for selling advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the internet, but do help us to serve you with advertising that is more relevant to you.
Cookies are an essential part of how our Site works, as they remember certain information about a visitor. GotIT uses First Party cookies and Third Party cookies (these are placed there by third parties we work with).
To change your cookie settings, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should amend the settings provided in your web browser to prevent us from storing cookies on your computer hard drive.
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the „Help” tab of your browser via the menu bar.